Become part of The Saturday Evening Post and U.S. Kids team!
Marketing and Audience Development Specialist — Since 1821, The Saturday Evening Post has told the story of America — past, present, and future. The magazine offers its readers a stimulating mix of art, entertainment, idea-driven features, health and wellness trends, fiction, and humor. Our 200-year publishing record gives us the unique ability to examine current events through the long lens of history. We need a marketing professional to help us tell this story.
The Marketing and Audience Development Specialist will oversee the development, execution and assessment of marketing and audience development strategies for The Saturday Evening Post. The marketing specialist will work closely with the print and online teams and other members of The Saturday Evening Post to support the growth of The Saturday Evening Post brand and increase subscribers.
We want more people to see and engage with our content, and more people to recognize and follow us on our website and on social media. Ultimately, we want more people to become paid subscribers and supporters of The Saturday Evening Post.
- Create benchmarks and growth targets across all The Saturday Evening Post channels: print, digital, and social.
- Budget and manage all paid media using Google Ad Grants, Facebook Advertising, and AdRoll and other methods to grow brand recognition and increase subscribers. Create individual ads for each platform’s and campaign’s needs.
- Manage social media strategy, including creation, scheduling, and reporting for our key channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest). Manage all social media platforms through HootSuite. Optimize social media accounts to achieve brand and subscriber goals.
- Identify and develop partners for The Saturday Evening Post member benefit program. Implement a communication plan with partners to cultivate and grow relationships. Oversee implementation partner underwriting and sponsorship opportunities, including website underwriting, sponsored content, co-branded retargeting, etc.
- Create and execute comprehensive email marketing plan, including assessment and revision of current plan; execute and evaluate revised strategy.
- Collaborate with circulation department on subscriber communication, creating targeted messaging and segments to retain and grow subscribers.
- Participate in pitch meetings for web content; occasionally contribute original articles.
- Establish and maintain an understanding of marketing and audience development trends in the magazine / online content space.
Qualified candidates should send a cover letter and resume to Jennifer Bortel at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Editorial Intern — Duties and expectations include assisting editorial staff with incoming fiction and contest submissions, fact-checking, online and archival research, proofreading, and writing content for magazines and online. The editorial intern will also research and write a feature piece for saturdayeveningpost.com over the course of the internship.
Web and Social Media Intern — Duties and expectations include writing and editing web content, curating collections (fiction, non-fiction, advertisements, cartoons, covers, and illustrations) from the archive, assisting on production and post-production of video, crafting social media posts, researching trends and topics, and contributing ideas on content and strategy.
Interested students should send questions or a brief resume and writing samples to Jen Burnham at email@example.com. Please indicate which internship you are interested in.